Fire destroys home in Lee County

A possible explosion near a home heating unit may have caused a fire that destroyed a Salem family's home Tuesday morning.

The fire happened along Lee Road 2071 in Salem.

Smiths Station Fire crews say the homeowners were asleep, when they heard a small explosion, then saw the smoke.

Thankfully everyone made it out safely. 

News 3 spoke with the homeowners, who are devastated over the loss of their home, but are thankful nobody was injured.

Georgia News

Alabama News

Latest Stories

Video Center