GA thrift shop worker hospitalized after explosion - WRBL

GA thrift shop worker hospitalized after explosion

Posted: Updated:
ATLANTA -

Authorities say a thrift shop employee has been hospitalized with burns after opening a package.

Atlanta Fire Rescue Department Captain Marian McDaniel says the worker was opening the package when it apparently exploded. Atlanta police Sgt. Greg Lyon says it's unclear if the burns were caused by an explosion, flash fire or something else. Lyon says the worker suffered minor injuries.

Police, fire and other officials were on the scene interviewing witnesses Tuesday evening. Lyon says the incident was isolated and the scene is under control. Additional details are not yet available.

Powered by WorldNow

1350 13th Avenue
Columbus, GA 31901

Telephone: 706.323.3333
Fax: 706.327.6655
Email: news@wrbl.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.