Medical Examiner: death an accident for man who fell in TIA - WRBL

Medical Examiner: death an accident for man who fell down TIA elevator

Posted: Updated:
Chad Wolfe and his girlfriend. Image Facebook. Chad Wolfe and his girlfriend. Image Facebook.
TAMPA, FL (WFLA) -

Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's office released a report detailing the cause of death of Pennsylvania tourist Chad Wolfe, 31, who fell to his death in the elevator shaft at Tampa International Airport March 15.

The medical examiner ruled Wolfe's death an accident. In March, the airport maintenance crews found him early in the morning on top of the elevator car on the ground floor of the TIA terminal. Police discovered a small empty vodka bottle and an empty Alprazolam (Xanax) bottle in his pocket.

An investigation revealed Wolfe and his girlfriend flew in to TIA late evening on March 14. The flight crew reported, Wolfe was belligerent that night and the crew even considered calling police when they landed. 

The video cameras inside the airport showed Wolfe leave his girlfriend and get into a third floor elevator. Just moments before, another camera shows Wolfe drinking something from a small bottle.

A state inspector found the locking mechanism on the elevator door leading to the shaft where Wolfe's body was found was "compromised." Officials were not sure if Wolfe tampered with it, or if it was like that before he fell.

Wolfe had "oil-like" substance on both his hands, according to the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner report.

Wolfe had broken his neck as a result of his fall, that's what is listed as his official cause of death in the report.

  • 8 On Your SideMore>>

  • Mold takes over St. Pete condo, creeps into neighbors' homes

    Mold takes over St. Pete condo, creeps into neighbors' homes

    Friday, August 29 2014 5:48 PM EDT2014-08-29 21:48:06 GMT
    Josephine Ramos is literally sick about the toxic black mold growing in the St. Petersburg condominium beside hers. She's been feeling ill for months with headaches and breathing problems. Recently, she had peak inside the condo next doors and couldn't believe her eyes.
    Josephine Ramos is literally sick about the toxic black mold growing in the St. Petersburg condominium beside hers. She's been feeling ill for months with headaches and breathing problems. Recently, she had peak inside the condo next doors and couldn't believe her eyes.
  • Lakeland neighborhood has continuing water problems, asks 8OYS for help

    Lakeland neighborhood has continuing water problems, asks 8OYS for help

    Friday, August 29 2014 5:03 PM EDT2014-08-29 21:03:34 GMT
    Some Lakeland residents are tired of wondering whether they'll have water at home. Over the past month, they tell 8 On Your Side that they've lost water with no warning at least five times. And what's worse, the water stays off for up to eight hours at a time
    Some Lakeland residents are tired of wondering whether they'll have water at home. Over the past month, they tell 8 On Your Side that they've lost water with no warning at least five times. And what's worse, the water stays off for up to eight hours at a time
  • Abercrombie dropping logo to boost brand

    Abercrombie dropping logo to boost brand

    Friday, August 29 2014 7:15 AM EDT2014-08-29 11:15:46 GMT
    The Abercrombie & Fitch logo has lost the power it once wielded, so the struggling teen retailer plans to strip off the once-prized logo from its clothing. Shares tumbled Thursday after it reported weak sales as more teens shop elsewhere. 
    The Abercrombie & Fitch logo has lost the power it once wielded, so the struggling teen retailer plans to strip off the once-prized logo from its clothing. Shares tumbled Thursday after it reported weak sales as more teens shop elsewhere. 
  • NewsMore>>

  • Thief steals lawn equipment from struggling Spring Hill family

    Thief steals lawn equipment from struggling Spring Hill family

    Friday, August 29 2014 7:44 PM EDT2014-08-29 23:44:24 GMT
    Michael Depace says he was asleep when more than $3,500 worth of lawn equipment was stolen.Michael Depace says he was asleep when more than $3,500 worth of lawn equipment was stolen.
    A thief stole a trailer full of lawn equipment from a home in Spring Hill overnight on Wednesday.Michael Depace says he was asleep when more than $3,500 worth of lawn equipment was stolen.“I wanted to die. I really did,” he said.He used the lawn equipment to cut grass for free for people suffering from cancer and other serious health conditions.
    A thief stole a trailer full of lawn equipment from a home in Spring Hill overnight on Wednesday.Michael Depace says he was asleep when more than $3,500 worth of lawn equipment was stolen.“I wanted to die. I really did,” he said.He used the lawn equipment to cut grass for free for people suffering from cancer and other serious health conditions.
  • Former Pasco massage therapist and massage business face $47 million judgement

    Former Pasco massage therapist and massage business face $47 million judgement

    Friday, August 29 2014 6:27 PM EDT2014-08-29 22:27:42 GMT
    Raul Alberto Delarosa is already serving 10 years sex offender probation after his conviction for assaulting a female massage client two years ago.But a worse punishment may have beenhanded him this week when a Pasco jury in a civil case awarded the victim a $47.4 million judgment --much of which is owned by the company 
    Raul Alberto Delarosa is already serving 10 years sex offender probation after his conviction for assaulting a female massage client two years ago.But a worse punishment may have beenhanded him this week when a Pasco jury in a civil case awarded the victim a $47.4 million judgment --much of which is owned by the company 
  • Mold takes over St. Pete condo, creeps into neighbors' homes

    Mold takes over St. Pete condo, creeps into neighbors' homes

    Friday, August 29 2014 5:48 PM EDT2014-08-29 21:48:06 GMT
    Josephine Ramos is literally sick about the toxic black mold growing in the St. Petersburg condominium beside hers. She's been feeling ill for months with headaches and breathing problems. Recently, she had peak inside the condo next doors and couldn't believe her eyes.
    Josephine Ramos is literally sick about the toxic black mold growing in the St. Petersburg condominium beside hers. She's been feeling ill for months with headaches and breathing problems. Recently, she had peak inside the condo next doors and couldn't believe her eyes.
Powered by WorldNow

1350 13th Avenue
Columbus, GA 31901

Telephone: 706.323.3333
Fax: 706.327.6655
Email: news@wrbl.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.