Due to sequestration, many of Fort Benning's civilian employees will be furloughed for one day a week between July 8 and Sept. 30. This will affect a number of services on post.
There will be longer wait times when scheduling and being seen for medical and human resources appointments, picking up prescriptions and when using other services on post. Customers are encouraged to plan accordingly.
The Fort Benning Commissary will be closed on Mondays between July 8 and Sept. 30.
Effective July 8, the following Martin Army Community Hospital, pharmacies, outlying clinics and support services will operate under new hours. The new hours of operation will not affect emergency services and crisis response teams.
• Adult Primary Care Clinic will be open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Family Medical Home, Pediatric Medical Home and Internal Medicine will provide full services for acute, reoccurring, routine and wellness needs Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Pediatric Sports and School Physicals will be conducted by appointment, Monday to Thursday, July 8 to Aug. 23.
• North Columbus Medical Home will be CLOSED on Fridays. Acute Care will be available by appointment only at the main hospital. Appointments can be made through Central Appointment booking, 706-544-CARE (2273).
• Friday Appointment Access: Primary Care Clinics will accommodate Acute Care access for patients with urgent medical needs from 8:40 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments can be made through the Central Appointment booking, 706-544-CARE (2273).
• Troop sick call on Saturdays: effective immediately, Saturday sick call will operate next to the Martin Army Emergency Department from 7 to 9 a.m. There will be no Saturday sick call at Winder Medical Clinic.
• The outpatient main hospital pharmacy will be CLOSED on Saturdays; refill pharmacy services in the PX Mall will remain the same.
• MEDPROS/Medical Processing will be CLOSED on Fridays.
"We regret any inconvenience these temporary changes may cause," the post says in a news release Monday. "Fort Benning remains committed to the health and welfare of our Soldiers, their Families, our Civilian work force and our extended family in the community."