A fire broke out just before 7 a.m. Monday at the popular Bali Hai restaurant located at 2414 Wake Forest Road in Raleigh.
The call came in as a working fire at 6:45 Monday morning and thick, black smoke could be seen billowing out of the restaurant.
Officials told WNCN that the building was unoccupied when the fire started and that the building is a total loss. The fire took an hour to put out and required two ladder trucks from the Raleigh Fire Department.
The restaurant's owner told WNCN that they will rebuild Bali Hai.
"It's a mix of emotions. I got the call not too long ago, and I didn't know how bad it was until I got here. It's really sad, " said Isaac Park, one of the owners of Bali Hai, a family-run business. "Thirty-one, 32 years in business and we've been through four floods. This is the first time we've had a fire, so I think we're going to be OK. I think we'll pull through this," Park said.
There's no official cause of the fire yet, but authorities on the scene believe the fire may have started in the kitchen. An investigation is ongoing.
Authorities had temporarily shut down Wake Forest Road between Creekside Drive and E. Whitaker Mill Road, but the road re-opened shortly before 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, July 29 2014 4:43 PM EDT2014-07-29 20:43:09 GMT
A high school senior from Raleigh is recovering after an apparent shark bite while on vacation at the beach in Brunswick County.According to police, the incident happened on Sunday between 11th and 12th
A high school senior from Raleigh is recovering after being bitten on the foot while on vacation at Sunset Beach in Brunswick County.