Farmville man's kitchen catches fire - WRBL

Farmville man's kitchen catches fire

Posted: Updated:
FARMVILLE, N.C. -      A Farmville man who was trying to surprise his mother on her birthday, gets an unexpected surprise of his own when his house catches fire.
 
    Keith finch lives on West Vine Street in Farmville. Finch says he received a call, just after 10 Saturday morning, alerting him about the fire. When finch arrived home smoke was coming from the roof and the kitchen.

    Finch says firefighters believed the fire started in the kitchen. Finch says he thinks a short in the kitchen could've caused the fire because his stove was not on.

     Finch says he's not letting the damage ruin his mother's birthday.

"It's still going to go on. I'm not going to let this spoil it. I'm still going to celebrate, so I'll just come back to this later," said Finch.

     No one was home at the time of the fire. Finch says smoke damage in the home means he will have to find temporary housing.
  • Most Recent SlideshowsMore>>

  • Belhaven mayor completes march to DC, rallies to save hospital

    Belhaven mayor completes march to DC, rallies to save hospital

    Monday, July 28 2014 11:52 AM EDT2014-07-28 15:52:20 GMT
    Fighting for rural health care, that's why a mayor from the east says he decided to walk all the way to the nation's capital.
    Fighting for rural health care, that's why a mayor from the east says he decided to walk all the way to the nation's capital.
  • Greene County residents clean up storm damage

    Greene County residents clean up storm damage

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:49 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:49:05 GMT
    The National Weather Service reports some damage from a severe weather system in Greene County.
    The National Weather Service reports some damage from a severe weather system in Greene County.
  • Fist bumps less "germy" than handshakes

    Fist bumps less "germy" than handshakes

    Monday, July 28 2014 7:37 AM EDT2014-07-28 11:37:24 GMT
    A nice firm handshake has long been a mark of good manners and elevated social skills, but it's also a very germy way to greet your fellow humans.
    A nice firm handshake has long been a mark of good manners and elevated social skills, but it's also a very germy way to greet your fellow humans.
Powered by WorldNow

1350 13th Avenue
Columbus, GA 31901

Telephone: 706.323.3333
Fax: 706.327.6655
Email: news@wrbl.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.