California woman hospitalized after eating possibly-tainted Snic - WRBL

California woman hospitalized after eating possibly-tainted Snickers bar

Posted: Updated:
Candy bar given to woman Candy bar given to woman
SALINAS, Calif. -

A tainted Halloween candy bar sent a California woman to the hospital Friday.

A Snickers bar had a tiny hole in the wrapper. North Salinas police say the candy was given to a 16-month-old trick-or-treater. The girl's mother happened to eat the candy bar instead and almost immediately she started to feel ill. A family member took her to the hospital.

Police are now investigating the incident and believe an acid-based drug was injected into the chocolate. Officials believe it was an isolated incident. No suspects have been named in the case.

Sydney Cameron

Sydney joined the WRBL news team in December 2011 after working as a freelance reporter in Washington, D.C. More>>

Powered by WorldNow

1350 13th Avenue
Columbus, GA 31901

Telephone: 706.323.3333
Fax: 706.327.6655
Email: news@wrbl.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.