The coldest air in at least a decade is set to invade late Sunday night/early Monday morning. We could see a good 30-35° temperature drop in just a few hours Monday morning. Couple that with the little bit of rain we see just before that and you get the chance for slick spots on your morning commute Monday. Winds will be gusting out of the north at 20-25 mph, which will make it feel like the 10s most of the day. Temperatures then fall off into the low to mid 10s, at least, by Tuesday morning. We may not see the freezing mark Tuesday as the cold air sits over us. Another cold morning is anticipated Wednesday morning before the high responsible for the Arctic Blast lifts out of here. That will open the door to a warming trend to close out the work-week.
Now is the time to make preparations for the upcoming cold snap!
- The wind could snap branches onto power lines and some could lose power because of it, so make plans with friends or family just in case.
- Make sure your outdoor pets have a place to stay warm, preferably inside.
- Check on the elderly and those in mobile homes.
- Also make sure to insulate any outdoor pipes and to let your indoor faucets drip throughout this cold snap, otherwise your pipes may burst.
- Your cars won't like this cold either. I have a feeling many people's batteries may die (happened to me a few years back on an older battery…).
- If you do have to travel, make sure there are extra blankets to help you keep warm in case you get stranded.
- Also, many space heaters/fireplaces/heating blankets/etc. will be used during this cold snap. Make sure they are away from drapes and aren't a fire hazard.
Saturday Night: More clouds enter from the southwest. Lows dip to near 37.
SUNDAY: Cloudy and warming up. High: 58
Sunday Night: Showers late, then flurries possible as cold air surges south! Lows near 27
MONDAY: Few morning flurries possible. Cold. Wind chill values in the teens. Highs climb to near 32
Monday night: Clear and cold. Wind chill values near 5. Low: 13
TUESDAY: Sunny and cold. High near 30
Tuesday Night: Clear and cold. Lows near 17.
WEDNESDAY: The beginning of a warming trend! Highs near 42.
Wednesday Night: Few clouds, but not as cold. Lows near 30
Thursday: Clouds increase some. Highs near 54.
Thursday Night: Definitely not as cold. Lows dip near 42.
Friday: Becoming mostly cloudy. High: 61.
Friday Night: Cloudy and warm. Lows near 47.
SATURDAY: Chance of rain increases as another system moves in from the Gulf. Highs near 65.