Auburn family loses everything after house fire - WRBL

Auburn family loses everything after house fire

Posted: Updated:
A trailer home caught fire in Auburn Friday night destroying everything inside, but the family is grateful to be safe and uninjured. All that's left are the charred remains of a home. After living on the lot at the Tiger Trailer Park for about a year everything is gone.

18 year old Wrenisha Hann was in the house with her mother, Anginette Tinsley, and her brother at the time of the fire. It was around 7:30 p.m. Friday night when when Hann was heating up some grease on teh stove to make some french fries.

"I guess the eye on the stove was already burnt and so all of a sudden the pan caught on fire and I was trying to put it out by you know waving it," said Wrenisha Hann.

But when that didn't work, her brother came to the kitchen to help out.

"He thought he could put it out with water, and when he did that it made a big explosion and it burnt him on his hand a little bit and it blew me back and then after that just everything went up in flames," said Hann.

Hann said after the blaze they all ran and made it safely outside the home, but everything inside the house was destroyed including some precious items to the 18 year old.

"The only thing that I wish I could have gotten out of there was my dad's ashes because he died a couple years ago and he was cremated and that's the only thing I wish I could've gotten," said Hann.

The family is staying with relatives in Auburn and are in desperate need of clothes and some basic items. If you want to help the family you can reach them at 334-707-0201.

Naomi Keitt

Naomi Keitt focuses on education reporting for WRBL News 3. More>>

Powered by WorldNow

1350 13th Avenue
Columbus, GA 31901

Telephone: 706.323.3333
Fax: 706.327.6655
Email: news@wrbl.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.