A house in Durham
sustained smoke and water damage after fire spread from the chimney to the
attic Tuesday evening.
The Durham Fire
Department said it responded to a call just before 7 p.m. at 1802 W. Lakewood
Ave. Upon arrival, fire fighters found flames coming from several points of the
Authorities said the
fire was under control within 10 minutes and completely out in 20 minutes.
Two rooms were
damaged as firefighters cut through several layers of ceilings to gain access
to the attic while several other rooms in the house sustained smoke and water
damage, authorities said.
The fire department said several people were home at the time of the fire but no one was injured. They are all staying with family members for the night, authorities said.