UPDATE: Birmingham business catches fire Tuesday afternoon - WRBL

UPDATE: Birmingham business catches fire Tuesday afternoon

Posted: Updated:
UPDATE: The Birmingham Fire and Rescue Service says it appears workers left a heated tool unattended, and it started a fire inside the business. Workers were unable to put out the fire.
 
Firefighters were busy on the scene of a large business fire in Birmingham Tuesday.

The fire call went out just before 4:00pm CT to a structure located at 215 3rd Avenue West.

When fire crews arrived, there was a lot of smoke showing.

A plume of smoke could be seen from many spots across Birmingham.

The Birmingham Fire and Rescue Service reports the building belongs to the Dixie Awning company.

The 1-story brick building has suffered 100% smoke damage.

The fire appears to be accidental, and no injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow

1350 13th Avenue
Columbus, GA 31901

Telephone: 706.323.3333
Fax: 706.327.6655
Email: news@wrbl.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.