LEE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — According to a District Court of Lee County document, the second suspect in Aniah Blanchard’s abduction and death, Antwon “Squirmy” Fisher, will appear in court for a hearing December 4.
Fisher has been charged with first-degree kidnapping. In this first hearing, the court will determine whether Fisher understands the charges placed against him.
Also in the hearing, the court will decide whether bail will be set for Fisher. The court found that releasing Fisher would not assure his appearance at trial and that he “poses a risk of danger to public.” As a result, he will continue to be held without bond.
Because of his felony charge, Fisher will also make an appearance Dec. 18.
Monday, the first suspect arrested, Ibraheem Yazeed, was charged with capital murder in Blanchard’s shooting death. He remains in the Lee County jail without bond.
- Our Kitchen: Corn Casserole
- Discover hidden gems at Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Newsfeed Now: Diver gets hooked; boy calls 911 to save sister
- Columbus police investigate homicide at Water Works park
- July 4th holiday weekend heating up with few chances to cool off