LEE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — According to a District Court of Lee County document, the second suspect in Aniah Blanchard’s abduction and death, Antwon “Squirmy” Fisher, will appear in court for a hearing December 4.
Fisher has been charged with first-degree kidnapping. In this first hearing, the court will determine whether Fisher understands the charges placed against him.
Also in the hearing, the court will decide whether bail will be set for Fisher. The court found that releasing Fisher would not assure his appearance at trial and that he “poses a risk of danger to public.” As a result, he will continue to be held without bond.
Because of his felony charge, Fisher will also make an appearance Dec. 18.
Monday, the first suspect arrested, Ibraheem Yazeed, was charged with capital murder in Blanchard’s shooting death. He remains in the Lee County jail without bond.
- Alabama Department of Education votes to implement new math standards
- Judge orders government to share floodplain data with defendants in private border-wall suit
- House passes bill to lower drug prices
- Three decades later, fallen officer is remembered in Columbus police station shooting
- Trump administration continues conversations on paid family leave, child care