The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Bowen Yang makes waves on ‘SNL’ as iceberg that sunk Titanic
- Google’s latest gadget that helps you learn more about your sleep to get a better night’s rest
- Mother-daughter duo believes they found centuries-old pirate sword in small North Carolina town
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Prince Harry to attend Phillip’s funeral, Meghan to stay home