The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- 2023 Chevy Colorado refocuses with more power, simplified lineup
- Appeals court rules IRS must provide Trump’s tax returns to House committee
- Counties with the most born-and-bred residents in Georgia
- Man dies after being struck by metal ball used for Highland Games event in Netherlands
- Weapon confiscated at Jordan High School