CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina freshman point guard Jeremiah Francis plans to transfer. Francis averaged 3.3 points last year and played in just 16 games.
He didn’t play in his junior and senior year of high school due to knee surgeries, then missed the first eight games of his freshman year.
Francis didn’t play more than 10 minutes in any game after Jan. 22.
Francis joins reserve big man Brandon Huffman in transferring from UNC since the end of a 14-19 season. That was the first losing record of head coach Roy Williams’ career.
- Jane Doe identified in 54-year-old Texas cold case
- Russell County Sheriff’s Office investigating inmate suicide
- January is Human Trafficking Awareness month, here’s what you can do to stand-up against this ongoing problem
- Muscogee County Sheriff’s Office and Columbus Police prepare for potential protest
- Eufaula City Schools postpone return to in-person learning