CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Brandon Robinson scored a career-high 20 points and Roy Williams tied his mentor on the all-time wins list as North Carolina beat Yale 70-67.
Justin Pierce added 14 points for the Tar Heels in their final nonconference game of the regular season on Monday night.
Williams picked up his 879th career victory as a head coach, tying Dean Smith for the fourth-most in Division I men’s basketball history.
Williams worked as an assistant for Smith at North Carolina for 10 seasons from 1978-88.
Azar Swain’s 30-foot 3-point attempt misfired at the buzzer for Yale (10-4).
- UPDATE: Georgia reports 308,221 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide, with 5,883 in Columbus
- City of Smiths Station accepting donations for those affected by Hurricane Sally
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- Florida man claims dolphin attacked him off of Sand Key
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism