CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Tomas Woldetensae scored 18 points and made the go-ahead 3-pointer with 0.8 seconds left to lift Virginia past North Carolina 64-62.
Mamadi Diakite added 15 points for the Cavaliers, who won for the fifth time in six games.
Woldetensae’s winning shot came after North Carolina’s Christian Keeling made three free throws to give the Tar Heels a 62-61 lead with 10.3 seconds left.
Keeling had been fouled by Woldetensae while attempting a 3-point shot.
Garrison Brooks scored 20 points to lead North Carolina, which lost its fifth consecutive game.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas activists rally to end ‘political persecution’ of Juarez labor lawyer
- Blue Bell ordered to pay $17.25M after 2015 listeria contamination
- VIDEO: Astounding view of Orange Beach devastation from drone after Sally
- $8M more in CARES Act funds allocated for South Texas region, but entities must apply
- Chihuahua to relaunch ravaged tourism industry despite pandemic