House fire on Glenn Street total loss, says fire chief

Community News

COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – A morning house fire on Glenn Street in Columbus, Ga. has ended in a total loss, according to Fire Chief Bryan Watson. The two occupants in the home during the fire were able to get out, and no injuries are reported.

The fire is now out, the fire department arrived on the scene around 8:30 a.m.

News 3 spoke with that homeowner who suspects the fire started from an overloaded circuit. He’s thankful all smoke detectors were working to get everyone safely out.

“I’m just thankful to be alive because that was a very raging fire, we missed about 30 seconds, 30 seconds longer I wouldn’t be here talking to you,” said Travis Rogers, Homeowner.

Rogers says The Red Cross is assisting his family with a place to stay.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recent Updates

More 7 Day Forecast

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories