KIA inspires a new generation of scientists

Kia In the Classroom

It’s a learning with an accelerated momentum.

Seventh graders from Long Cane Middle School in LaGrange are learning how to build a toy car thanks to “A World in Motion Motorized Toy Car Challenge” sponsored by KIA.

“The car won’t go and you see them celebrate when they finally get them to go and the process of them figuring it out along the way is very rewarding,” says seventh grade science Tiffany Graham.

Long Cane Middle School teacher Tiffany Graham says learning the mechanics of making these cars race up to two miles per hour, put her students in the driver’s seat of their future.

“AWINN kit makes this piece easy. It provides us with the tools that they can get their hands on something that’s real and actually apply the scientific method,” says Graham.

These kids are zooming into their future plans and they don’t need a motor to make it happen.

“I was having fun. I was making a car. I didn’t know that was going to happen. Since this have happen, I was thinking I can be an enginner since I’ve had some experience,” says student Michael Motin.

“It can really apply to any job that we want to be in. So the steps that are in it helps us figure out what we want to be and how we want to do it,” says student Sierra Lester.

And with an education like this, these kids can meet the future at warp speed.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.