WRBL believes reading is essential to our community’s future. However, there are many in our community that are either unable to read or do not have reading material in the home. WRBL has a long and rich history throughout the Chattahoochee Valley of serving and we would like to partner with you to continue that tradition.
In March and April, WRBL is launching our “WRBL Spring Book Drive” to help families across the valley create home libraries of their very own. The campaign will encourage the community to go to our local participating partners and donate books and supplies toward the “Spring Book Drive” at a WRBL Exclusive Live Event.
Events, where donations will be accepted is on:
March 7th & 14th
11:30 am – 6:30 pm at the Chattahoochee Valley Library
3000 Macon Rd, Columbus, GA 31906.
11:30 am – 6:30 pm at Planet Fitness
1409 US Highway 280, Phenix City, AL 36869
Sponsored By: Ken Nugent, Hostilo Law Group, and Planet Fitness
• Price is the #1 barrier to book ownership. Programs have limited funds and 94% of teachers use their own money to provide books & resources for their students
• Low literacy skills have a direct impact on crime, recidivism, poverty, teenage pregnancy and substance abuse.
• 1.3 million adult Georgians are at literacy attainable levels below eighth grade and most are in the workforce.
• Literacy problems in the southeast alone cost nearly $57.2 billion annually; in Georgia it is $2.1 billion annually.
• The greatest barrier to economic development and growth is the absence of a literate workforce.
Please come out and donate what you can!