NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy
- Local boy completes 50-yard challenge mowing lawns for free in his community
- Workers worldwide hold ‘Make Amazon Pay’ protests on Black Friday
- Two Russell Co. suspects face Capital Murder charges after man found dead in Hatchechubbee creek
- Black Friday sales bring small crowds to Columbus shopping