AUBURN, Ala. (WIAT) — As the Auburn University football team returns for voluntary workouts, three players have tested positive for COVID-19.
Players returned to campus last Thursday recently took the COVID-19 test. Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said if players test positive for the virus, they are moved to another dorm and follow a different protocol. He also adds that the team doctor is “well on top of that.”
The three players are currently isolating themselves from the rest of the team.
Auburn is not the only college team to have players test positive for coronavirus. Earlier, five University of Alabama players test positive for the virus.
- TSA: Over 1 million airline passengers screened Sunday for first time since March
- Stimulus checks: Hours left to cut deal with $1,200 direct payments before Election Day
- AMBER Alert issued for abducted Mississippi boys
- ‘Clouds’, by teen who died of cancer seven years ago, hits No. 1 on iTunes
- Newsfeed Now: Man climbs Trump Tower; Titans owner helps family in need