AUBURN, Ala. (WIAT) — As the Auburn University football team returns for voluntary workouts, three players have tested positive for COVID-19.
Players returned to campus last Thursday recently took the COVID-19 test. Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said if players test positive for the virus, they are moved to another dorm and follow a different protocol. He also adds that the team doctor is “well on top of that.”
The three players are currently isolating themselves from the rest of the team.
Auburn is not the only college team to have players test positive for coronavirus. Earlier, five University of Alabama players test positive for the virus.
- LaGrange woman hospitalized after being beaten and set on fire, ex-boyfriend arrested and charged in attack
- There are many ways to beat this heat during the dog days of summer
- 101 Tijuana churches to reopen Aug. 15 with COVID-19 safety measures in place, bishop says
- Who will Biden pick? Democratic lawmakers weigh in on possible VP picks
- Doctors Without Borders: Fewer migrants heading north seeking asylum