TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Tuscaloosa Fire and Rescue responded to a call of construction workers falling after a structure collapsed at a site Thursday morning.
According to TFRS, the accident happened just after 9 a.m. at 811 12th Street.
Five construction workers were working on the ground level when the collapse occurred into the three-story basement area. Authorities say the workers fell “20-25 feet.”
None of the workers were trapped underneath the debris following the collapse. The workers involved were rescued and taken to a local hospital for further evaluation and treatment. No injuries were reported.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- One last warm day before front brings back cooler temps
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends
- Authorities searching for missing Mobile teen
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- Oil company mistakenly delivers 100+ gallons to wrong address, flooding the basement