Tuesday, April 24, the GBI’s Commercial Gambling Unit, along with the Mid-South Narcotics Task Force, the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office, and in cooperation with the Georgia Lottery Corporation and the Georgia Department of Revenue executed eight search warrants in the City of Cordele, Crisp County for violations of Georgia’s commercial gambling laws.
Search warrants were executed at six business locations and two residences in Cordele.
The business locations were:
- HK Food 21 LLC, 2002 U.S. Hwy 41 N., Cordele
- W&W Food Mart (BP), 2009 E. 16th Ave., Cordele
- Watson’s Food Store (Shell), 2105 E. 16th Ave., Cordele
- Mitchell’s Bait and Tackle, 902 W. 16th Ave., Cordele
- S&P Lotto a/k/a Chris Lotto, 1217 E. 16th Ave., Cordele
- Red Dawg Sports Bar, 908 E. 16th Ave., Cordele
Agents collected evidence related to crimes of commercial gambling and seized monetary assets gained from the illegal use of gaming machines while searching the location,
According to the GBI, the locations are currently licensed to operate Coin Operated Amusement Machines. However, during the course of the investigation, agents discovered customers were receiving cash payouts for winning credits. In Georgia, credits may only be redeemed for lottery tickets and/or store merchandise.
Multiple arrests are pending from this investigation.