VINEMONT, Ala. (WIAT) — A 70-year-old Tennessee man died in a plane crash near Cullman Regional Airport Saturday evening.
Around 6 p.m., the aircraft caught on fire and crashed into a wooded area near the Cullman airport. The aircraft has been identified as a Piper PA-32, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reports. Two people were aboard.
According to Cullman County Coroner Jeremy Kilpatrick, John Sigman, of Dyersburg, Tennessee, died in the crash. The FAA will investigate the crash and the NTSB will determine the probable cause of the accident.
- Macon County Sheriff’s Office searching for escaped inmate, Nakelon Vason
- INSPIRED: Opelika’s “Bow Fairy” earns AU Masters Degree in secret
- Virginia teacher charged with drug possession, cocaine found in desk
- Ep. 7: Face of Faith with Phil Scoggins
- Readings warm back to the 70s and April severe weather impacts us Saturday-Weather Aware