BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — In honor of the Marine Corps’ 245th birthday, veteran Carl Cooper was the guest of honor at a party in Birmingham Tuesday afternoon.
Cooper, 100, is the oldest veteran in the state of Alabama and showed off his style by dressing in his Marine Corps uniform for the big day.
Join us in thanking Col. Cooper and all members of the Marines!
- 70 years after Korean War battle, Columbus’ Col. Ralph Puckett moves closer to receiving Medal of Honor
- 24-year-old man killed in apparent drive-by shooting in Columbus
- Two coronavirus vaccines to be ready in the coming weeks
- Moderna hopes to start COVID-19 vaccine studies with kids
- Bristol Mountain: ‘Focus is going to be keeping everyone outside’