HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — A Hoover nursing home has confirmed to CBS 42 that 17 residents and 19 employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
South Haven Health and Rehabilitation says they began testing residents and employees as a proactive measure to contain the spread of the virus.
The nursing home says of the 17 residents who tested positive, only three showed no symptoms. As for the 19 employees, 13 showed no symptoms at the time of their diagnosis.
Officials at the nursing home say they are continuing to get test results back and will be doing everything they can to help prevent the spread of the virus as well as treat those who are infected.
- Death investigation underway after man’s body discovered at Lake Martin
- MEMORIAL DAY: Mid to upper 80s with a sporadic afternoon shower or storm
- Retired Lt. Col. Allen West involved in crash near Waco
- Several injured after overnight shooting on Ocean Blvd; police search for suspect(s)
- Remember food safety during Memorial Day