BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — This Halloween, a 9-year-old girl is planning to go as Alabama’s governor.
On Tuesday, Missy Carter shared a photo on Twitter of her niece, Cate McGriff, dressed up as Gov. Kay Ivey. McGriff, who lives in Rainbow City and attends John S. Jones Elementary, was dressed in a red power suit seen frequently on Ivey, as well as the governor’s trademark short hair and glasses.
“@GovernorKayIvey my adorable niece is your mini-me for her school costume party,” Carter wrote in her post.
It did not take long for Ivey to give her seal of approval.
“Nailed it…to a T,” Ivey responded on Twitter. “I know she will be successful. #WarEagle”
- ‘Chucky doll in a dog’s body’: Woman’s post about ‘demonic’ foster dog goes viral
- Homeowners, group seek action on Alabama Power’s solar fee
- Alabama senators want Confederate tax to fund Black history
- 4 girls, 12 and 14 years old, accused of setting house fire
- Bowen Yang makes waves on ‘SNL’ as iceberg that sunk Titanic