BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Department of Education (ALSDE) has ordered 2.5 million facial coverings for its students and staff for this coming school year, according to a Facebook post Wednesday.
The amount of coverings is said to be enough for each student and staff member to have three at any given time. The masks are washable and reusable as well.
While there is no statewide facial mandate for schools at this time, ALSDE is taking precautions to equip students and staff to help curb the coronavirus pandemic.
- LaGrange woman hospitalized after being beaten and set on fire, ex-boyfriend arrested and charged in attack
- There are many ways to beat this heat during the dog days of summer
- 101 Tijuana churches to reopen Aug. 15 with COVID-19 safety measures in place, bishop says
- Who will Biden pick? Democratic lawmakers weigh in on possible VP picks
- Doctors Without Borders: Fewer migrants heading north seeking asylum