MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — Alabama governor Kay Ivey has shared her thoughts and prayers with President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump following the President’s announcement of their positive coronavirus tests early Friday morning.
Alabama Lt. Gov. Will Ainsworth also tweeted about the president and first lady’s diagnoses, encouraging people to join him in prayer for their “quick recovery.”
As of 8:30 a.m., Alabama senators Doug Jones (D) and Richard Shelby (R) have not tweeted on the matter.
Vice President Mike Pence and his wife have tested negative for the coronavirus. Democratic presidential nominee former Vice President Joe Biden will reportedly be tested sometime today. In a tweet, Biden said he and his wife Jill were praying for the Trumps’ “swift recovery.”
- 46 under indictment in criminal enterprise that stretched across Georgia and U.S.
- Announced local closures in WRBL viewing area ahead of Zeta
- Health Department announces Free Flu Shot Friday
- Columbus Sports Council wins Sports ETA’s 2019 “Sports Commission of the Year, Population under 500K” Award
- Judo champion from Kansas City foils armed robbery by grappling suspect to the ground