HALE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Seven people were injured at a shooting early Sunday morning in the Jerusalem community.
Around 1 a.m., authorities responded to reports of a shooting at a large party in a field at Jerusalem Settlement on County Road 21 between Sawyerville and Akron Law enforcement found seven people injured by gunfire, according to the Hale County EMA Director Russell Weeden. One of the victims suffered a gunshot wound in the face, District Attorney Michael Jackson reports.
Law enforcement officials learned that an argument ensued between two men, which resulted in the shooting that injured over half of a dozen people.
Six of the victims were transported to Hale County Hospital and one victim was taken by a personal vehicle to DCH Medical Center in Tuscaloosa.
This is an ongoing investigation by the Hale County Sheriff’s Office.
- 70 years after Korean War battle, Columbus’ Col. Ralph Puckett moves closer to receiving Medal of Honor
- 24-year-old man killed in apparent drive-by shooting in Columbus
- Two coronavirus vaccines to be ready in the coming weeks
- Moderna hopes to start COVID-19 vaccine studies with kids
- Bristol Mountain: ‘Focus is going to be keeping everyone outside’