AUBURN, Ala. (WIAT) — Auburn football coach Gus Malzahn confirmed during his Tuesday morning press conference that the team is pausing all activities due to a COVID-19 outbreak.
Malzahn said nine players and three staffers tested positive during the bye week.
The Tigers’ game at Mississippi State this Saturday was postponed on Monday after the Bulldogs reported their own COVID-19 outbreak.
The status of Auburn’s Nov. 21 game against Tennessee has not been addressed.
- ‘It’s time to hunker down’: Los Angeles residents told to stay home amid COVID-19 surge
- Auburn High falls 29-28 in 7A State Title Game
- Pennsylvania teen gifts PlayStation 5 to 10-year-old neighbor battling cancer
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Georgia state leaders report threats and violence against election workers