BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a suspicious package that was found near UAB’s Bevill Biomedical Research Building and the Birmingham VA Medical Center.
According to Sgt. Rodarius Mauldin, the BPD received a call from UAB police at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday about a suspicious package. There is now an active scene at the corner of 19th Street and University Boulevard.
Mauldin said the BPD didn’t receive any bomb threats Wednesday.
This is a developing story. More information will be published as it becomes available.
- Hunter witnessed Tennessee killings, official says; suspect still at large
- Couple reunites in hospital after 3+ weeks of COVID-19 treatment
- 5 things you didn’t know about Super Bowl betting
- Government boosting vaccine deliveries amid complaints of shortages
- Auschwitz survivors mark anniversary online amid pandemic