BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Police Officers came together Wednesday afternoon to throw a surprise 16th birthday party for Sergeant Wytasha Carter’s son.
The Birmingham Police Department’s Facebook page made a post filled with images of the surprise, and a heartfelt caption to their fallen brother.
Sgt. Carter was killed in the line of duty back in Jan. of 2019 while investigating reports of car break-ins in the 900 block of 5th Avenue North. He was 44 years old and was with the Birmingham Police Department for eight years.
- Police on scene of traffic crash at Veterans Parkway and Manchester Expressway
- 2 juveniles found uninjured in St. Clair County
- The faith factor when filming during a pandemic
- UPDATE: Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’
- This NC woman turns 116 today and is the oldest person in the U.S.