EUTAW, Ala. (WIAT) — Eutaw mayor-elect Latasha Johnson has been arrested and indicted by a grand jury for allegedly using her title for personal gain as well as giving false information to investigators.
The charges stem from Johnson’s time as a city councilwoman, according to Green County District Attorney Greg Griggers.
Johnson was elected mayor of Eutaw after defeating incumbent Raymond Steele earlier this month.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- News 3 PrepZone: Week 5 Alabama Highlights
- News 3 PrepZone: Georgia Highlights
- Gabby Petito disappearance: Police don’t have missing woman’s phone, have received 1K+ tips
- Robert Durst found guilty of murdering his best friend, Susan Berman
- California mom accused of dragging 8-year-old 300 feet as girl tried to stop her from driving drunk