EUTAW, Ala. (WIAT) — Eutaw mayor-elect Latasha Johnson has been arrested and indicted by a grand jury for allegedly using her title for personal gain as well as giving false information to investigators.
The charges stem from Johnson’s time as a city councilwoman, according to Green County District Attorney Greg Griggers.
Johnson was elected mayor of Eutaw after defeating incumbent Raymond Steele earlier this month.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- UPDATE: Alabama reports 219,069 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide, with 4,936 in Lee County
- Congressman Robert Aderholt tests positive for coronavirus, says he’s asymptomatic
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- Grady Judd announces arrests in ‘brilliant’ multi-million dollar Walmart crime spree