BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A former officer with the Birmingham Police Department was sent to prison Monday after being convicted of raping a 14-year-old girl between 2008 and 2011.
Peter Williston, 50, was sentenced to 21 years and three months for first-degree rape. Williston, who served 17 years with the BPD, was convicted on the rape charge back in February.
Williston was first arrested and charged with rape in June 2018 after a woman notified the police that he sexually abused her 10 years prior when she was only 14 years old.
- The moon lights the way for Iron Mike at The Fort Benning’s Gateway for The U.S. Army
- Star Spangled Beach Party in Pine Mountain Georgia
- 4th of July Celebration: A virtual reality at N.I.M.
- First Alert Forecast: One day break then a washout for Sunday
- Muscogee County records 110 new COVID cases, passes Dougherty County in total number