MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Gov. Kay Ivey has issued a State of Emergency as Tropical Storm Sally heads towards the Gulf Coast of Alabama Monday.
The storm is expected to reach hurricane status as it makes landfall in or near Mobile and Baldwin counties.
The issuance also directs the Alabama National Guard to be on standby to be activated to the affected areas.
READ THE FULL ORDER BELOW:
- UPDATE: Georgia reports 308,221 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide, with 5,883 in Columbus
- City of Smiths Station accepting donations for those affected by Hurricane Sally
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- Florida man claims dolphin attacked him off of Sand Key
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism