CULLMAN COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Cullman County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man who was wanted for assaulting a woman with a hammer, breaking into a vehicle and multiple other charges.
Joshua Adam Campbell, 37, was arrested Friday and charged with second-degree assault, unlawful breaking and entering of a vehicle, probation revocation and several failures to appear warrants.
According to CCSO, Campbell was apprehended after deputies received a tip he was at a residence on US Highway 278E near Berlin. Once authorities arrived at the scene, Campbell attempted to flee on foot. He was captured a short time later with the help of a helicopter.
The assault charge stems from a warrant in Morgan County when Campbell allegedly assaulted a woman with a hammer.
Campbell is currently being held at the CCSO Detention Center without bond.
- Red-cockaded woodpecker poised to come off the federal endangered species list
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire