JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — Jacksonville State University Head Coach John Grass says he has tested positive for the coronavirus.
Grass made the announcement in a statement released by the university.
The head coach says he will remain involved in the team remotely as the team gets set to take on North Alabama on Saturday. Assistant Coach Jimmy Ogle is overseeing the team during Grass’ absence.
This comes a day after Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban and Athletic Director Greg Byrne tested positive for the virus.
Grass ended his statement by saying the team is in “good hands” until he is cleared to return.
- Voters could remove racist phrases from Alabama Constitution in third attempt since 2000
- How did your neighbors donate? Map breaks down Trump-Biden split by zipe code
- US Marshals recover 45 missing children during anti-human trafficking operation
- It’s back! How to grab KFC’s fried chicken-scented firelog before it sells out
- NASA discovers water on the sunlit surface of Moon