MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Montgomery County District Attorney Daryl Bailey has issued an arrest warrant for State Rep. Will Dismukes.
The warrant is for first-degree theft of property. Dismukes allegedly stole more than $2,500 from a former employer, Weiss Flooring.
Dismukes has been booked into the Montgomery County Jail. He is being held on a $5,000 bond.
Gov. Kay Ivey released a statement to CBS 42 regarding to alleged incident.
“If true, it is disappointing when a public official, elected with the confidence of the people, abuse that trust. I support the letter of the law, and no one is above it – especially those in public office.”Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey
Dismukes’ lawyer says the state representative is maintaining his innocence, according to the Associated Press. Attorney Trey Norman says Dismukes doesn’t plan to give up his House seat.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- GOP Senator Lisa Murkowski says she’ll oppose Supreme Court nomination before Election
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
- Two arrested in connection with Saturday night Rosewood Drive stabbing murder
- The Phenix City School System kicks off their virtual learning program
- Community Warriors partnered with Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. for their annual food drive