BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — High school football is back in full swing as Week 1 games kicked off Thursday night and continue into Friday.
Games in central Alabama and across the state will be a little different due tot he coronavirus pandemic. Guidelines are in place for not only the teams playing but the fans in the stands as well.
CHECK OUT THE SITES OF FOOTBALL DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
State Superintendent Dr. Eric Mackey talked to CBS 42 about the importance of fans following state guidelines in order to keep the season going.
“If we want to finish the football season, people [need to] adhere to the rules as much as possible,” Dr. Mackey said. “Yes, get out and enjoy the game, but also, be sure to adhere to those rules.”
Many teams across the state have had to cancel games due to possible exposure of the virus.
Stay with CBS 42 as this gallery will be updated throughout Friday night’s games.
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups
- ‘Sexy COVID’ costumes won’t be made by costume maker Yandy for Halloween 2020