BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Protesters have filled Linn Park in Birmingham, Ala.
People with signs that read ‘Black Lives Matter’ and ‘I can’t breathe’ chanted George Floyd’s name calling for justice in his death.
Around 8 p.m., protesters began taking down the boards around the confederate monument that stands tall at Linn Park. Protesters with spray paint began writing on the monument.
- Former co-workers react to the tragic death of a former Columbus radio reporter
- 10-time Langley Speedway champion Shawn Balluzzo dies following crash
- Texas community remember fallen police officers
- High Point police swarmed by ‘hostile crowd’ of about 50 people after drug bust, police say
- Drowning investigation underway on Lake Harding