6 P.M. UPDATE
The roadway is clear after a small plane made an emergency landing on Interstate 59 in Tuscaloosa.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Westbound lanes of I-20/59 in Tuscaloosa are blocked after a small plane made an emergency landing on the roadway Saturday evening.
Shortly before 4 p.m., troopers responded to the scene of a single-engine plane emergency landing on Interstate 59 near the 70 mile marker, Alabama state troopers report.
One lane remains blocked. The pilot, who was the sole occupant, was not injured. Motorists are encouraged to use caution while traveling through the area.
ALDOT tweeted a photo of the small engine stating, “The right lane on I-20/59 WB at MP 70 in Tuscaloosa is blocked after a small plane made an emergency landing.”
- Columbus Police searching for missing teen Monaye Schalk
- Fauci: Pandemic causing ‘historic decimation’ among Latinx community
- UPDATE: Georgia reports 318,026 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide, with 6,048 in Columbus
- Auburn Police: Tuskegee man charged with unlawful breaking and entering into a motor vehicle, theft of property
- Columbus Police investigating shooting on Winston Road