BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Alabama has joined a growing list of states mandating face masks statewide while in public.
The order goes into effect at 5 p.m. Thursday and carries a $500 fine and or jail time.
Dr. Karen Landers of the Alabama Department of Public Health spoke with CBS 42’s Art Franklin about the order, the COVID-19 pandemic in Alabama and what people can do to keep themselves healthy.
- Enjoying a lot sun in this forecast
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval
- One of last living Birmingham Black Barons looking for lost suitcase in Fultondale
- CDC study shows pregnant women are at greater risk for COVID-19
- Reporter faces trial in case seen as attack on press rights