MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — On Wednesday, Gov. Kay Ivey will attend the Sweet Grown Alabama Kickoff, where she will proclaim ‘Sweet Grown Alabama Day.’
Joining her will be Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries Commissioner Rick Pate, ALFA President Jimmy Parnell, among others.
A farmers market will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. along Bainbridge Street in Montgomery.
Montgomery Mayor Steven Reed also delivered remarks during the ceremony.
- WEATHER AWARE: Potential for several waves of strong storms this week
- Monarch butterfly population moves closer to extinction
- Meet Kamala, the dog with no nose rescued after inauguration
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine