TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A Northport woman is charged with helping two Tuscaloosa county inmates escape over the weekend.
The Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office reports Remona Dailey is charged with two counts of hindering prosecution.
Investigators say Dailey picked up Seth Williams and Cameron Newell on Friday and drove them to a hotel in Tuscaloosa, and then to a Fultondale hotel, where they were captured. Investigators say Williams, Newell and a third inmate, Richard Lancaster escaped through a vent shaft in the jail’s roof.
They are each charged with second-degree escape.
- Twitter says attackers ‘successfully targeted some of our employees’ to gain internal tools
- Gov. Kemp explicitly voids mask orders in 15 localities
- Confederate flag spotted over Bristol Motor Speedway ahead of NASCAR All-Star Race
- Woman who helped catch armed and dangerous suspect recounts “terrifying” experience
- Ebb and flow of our First Alert Forecast, but it remains hot