TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A Northport woman is charged with helping two Tuscaloosa county inmates escape over the weekend.
The Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office reports Remona Dailey is charged with two counts of hindering prosecution.
Investigators say Dailey picked up Seth Williams and Cameron Newell on Friday and drove them to a hotel in Tuscaloosa, and then to a Fultondale hotel, where they were captured. Investigators say Williams, Newell and a third inmate, Richard Lancaster escaped through a vent shaft in the jail’s roof.
They are each charged with second-degree escape.
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says
- Secretary of State makes surprise trip to Afghanistan after Biden announces he’s pulling troops from region
- Columbus Police make arrest Lafayette Drive murder from July
- Saddler joins race for GOP Senate nomination in Georgia
- Athletes of the Week: Pacelli Boys Soccer