HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — The Hoover Police Department arrested 20 people during a protest over George Floyd’s death in the city Saturday night.
Officers responded to protests that occurred on Montgomery Highway near Hoover City Hall and on Riverchase Galleria property. According to a Facebook post made by the HPD, the majority of charges against the protesters were disorderly conduct and blocking traffic on the street. Others were charged with criminal trespassing and resisting arrest. One person was charged with carrying a firearm.
Jared’s Jewelry store on Galleria Circle and Von Maur at the Galleria also sustained damage to their windows during the protest.
There were no injuries reported to any protesters or police officers.
- Opelika Police investigating deadly shooting on Chester Avenue
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- 3 title game quarterbacks have similar draft history
- Texas man threatened to shoot his children as ‘traitors’ if they turned him in over Capitol riots, documents say
- Trump follows tradition, leaves Oval Office note for Biden