COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – An arrest warrant has been issued for a man wanted in connection to a May 1 shooting death, according to a news release.
Columbus Police were dispatched to 3860 Gentian Blvd. on May 1 around 9 p.m. about a person on the ground. On the scene, they discovered John Anthony Johnson, 38, suffering from at least one gunshot wound.
Emergency Medical Services were unable to resuscitate the victim. Muscogee County deputy coroner Elizabeth Allison pronounced Johnson dead. The Homicide United took up the investigation.
During their investigation, the homicide unit established probable cause. An arrest warrant was then issued for Charise Douglas, 31.
Police ask anyone with information about the case to call Det. Sgt. K. Tuggle at (706) 225-4377. You can remain anonymous by calling (706) 653-3188.
- ‘No need to panic’: White House says things will be back to normal now that Colonial Pipeline is back online
- CDC to say vaccinated people can ditch masks indoors in many instances: AP source
- Esports scholarships?: 10 universities where gaming culture is thriving
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ hits theaters and streaming on July 30
- Red Lobster to name a lucky fan as its ‘Chief Biscuit Officer’: Here’s how to apply
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: