COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – An arrest warrant has been issued for a man wanted in connection to a May 1 shooting death, according to a news release.
Columbus Police were dispatched to 3860 Gentian Blvd. on May 1 around 9 p.m. about a person on the ground. On the scene, they discovered John Anthony Johnson, 38, suffering from at least one gunshot wound.
Emergency Medical Services were unable to resuscitate the victim. Muscogee County deputy coroner Elizabeth Allison pronounced Johnson dead. The Homicide United took up the investigation.
During their investigation, the homicide unit established probable cause. An arrest warrant was then issued for Charise Douglas, 31.
Police ask anyone with information about the case to call Det. Sgt. K. Tuggle at (706) 225-4377. You can remain anonymous by calling (706) 653-3188.
- Chicago mayor’s race underscores Democratic divide on handling crime
- Squeezed by investigations, Trump escalates violent rhetoric
- Woman killed in shooting on Brown Ave in Columbus
- Ugly cars: Car designs not even a mother could love
- Florida lawmaker appears to get trolled with fake names during hearing
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: