COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – Two people have been arrested in connection to the death of a child in late February at a Columbus mobile home park.
Aundrea Nelson, 20, and Jonathan Nelson, 23, are in jail following the death of 22-month-old Mary Anne Smith.
According to police, Aundrea Nelson is the child’s mother and Jonathan Nelson is the child’s uncle.
According to Muscogee County Chief Deputy Coroner Freeman Worley, Smith died from dehydration and malnutrition complicated by hyperthermia.
Police say investigation revealed probable cause to obtain warrants for the two suspects in the child’s death.
Both Aundrea Nelson and Jonathan Nelson, are facing charges of Murder 2nd Degree and Cruelty to Children 2nd Degree.
The two are scheduled to be in Recorder’s Court on May 10 at 9:00 a.m.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact Corporal Jeff Jones at (706) 225-3449 or by email at JeffJones@columbusga.org . If you would like to remain anonymous, call 706-653-3188 or text VACS plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).
- Brent man being held on $1M bond after being charged with sexually abusing a child, relatives also arrested
- Officer and “Samaritan” killed in shooting, suspect dead
- School board apologizes for tortillas thrown at California high school basketball team
- Florida double-murder suspect who acted as own attorney found guilty: ‘I did kill Kenyatta Barron’
- Oregon deputy kills pet chimp after owner reports attack
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: