ROBESON CO, N.C. (WBTW) – State troopers are looking for the driver of an SUV who hit and killed a Robeson County woman early in the morning and left the scene.
Carolyn Locklear, 58, of Shannon, died after being struck by the SUV on Old Lowery Road in Red Springs between the Thunder Valley Racetrack and the Sun-do, according to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office. The incident happened at about 5:30 a.m. on Monday.
North Carolina Highway Patrol troopers are looking for a white compact SUV, possibly a Kia, with damage to the front right corner, missing a headlight and missing the passenger side mirror.
Anyone with information about the vehicle and/or hit and run is asked to contact the Robeson County Highway Patrol Office at 910-618-5555.
- ‘We have a deal’: Biden, senators reach bipartisan agreement on infrastructure plan
- USA Gymnastics trying to move past Nassar as Trials begin
- Palace: Japan emperor ‘worried’ about Olympics amid pandemic
- Unvaccinated people now account for nearly all COVID deaths in US
- Rudy Giuliani’s law license suspended in New York
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: